Sunday, April 25, 2010

Into the woods....

People are so funny. It cracks me up when people walk by Maverick at the park. Some shield their children like they are walking past an African lion. "Wolf" or "Snow Dog" are the most common phrases children call out. Others pour in front of him asking if they can pet him and get free kisses. Needless to say I can't walk a quarter of a mile without getting some sort of comment. That's why you will find us in the middle of the woods most times!


I started walking Maverick as soon as I got him. I started off in the woods, a more private setting before attempting the crowded park. Maverick has always done well on a leash until he spots a lizard, a squirrel(his favorite), a bumblebee or butterfly, or a leaf blowing in the wind. A couple outbursts of pulling and taking off on the leash like wildfire had me watching out and locating animals on the trail before he did!


My daughter Kouri loves to go exploring in the woods. She found her best bud on the trail....Maverick. Whatever Kouri picks up, Maverick must investigate. When she throws pebbles into the creek, Maverick lays right down beside her to watch.






No comments:

Post a Comment